Translate

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dreams becoming reality...

Monday, November 2nd 2009
I finally get a call from someone who can help me realize my dream of working with Google. The person asked me to pen a write up on why I aspired to work with Google.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 10:00 am
I start writing.

Why I aspire to work with Google
It has been a year I started working with Infosys Yahoo!. It has been a great experience. But there was something that stuck me right from day one. It was GOOGLE. In our training period when we were trying to understand the in and out of Yahoo! as a Search Engine, there was always something that stood at the back of my head. It was Google. We started working. Still Google remained with us. It was difficult for me to digest that to complete Yahoo! work we used Google. All I knew about Google was that it was a search engine that helped me finish my science projects in no time. What I did not know was that it is such a big threat to someone’s business. It is worth mentioning that in our training period we learnt more about Google than Yahoo!.
But I needed to know more. I decided to google out Google.

Sunday, March 5th 2009, 8:00 am
I opened my HP notebook, connected my net connection. With a cup of coffee balancing itself comfortably on my kneecap and my reading glasses on my not so sleek nose, I was all geared up to dissect Google. “Google” was my first search query in the search box. It took a millisecond to throw back an amount of data that if printed would be enough to destroy the Jungles of Amazon. I started reading.
I started with the history of Google. I was highly impressed with the way the landing page enlisted out each and every event in the life cycle of Google. Its metamorphosis from its ‘Back Rub’ days to its present day name ‘Google’. The choice of the name was in itself an amazing thought to me. The precursor for the name is “googol”, a mathematical term for the number represented by the numeral 1 followed by 100 zeros.
I kept on reading, getting more and more excited about all of this. I saw the pictures of its offices across the Globe. Google is huge. It is vast. It is never ending. Google products were the next topic. I had so many times used Picasa to upload my photographs but never knew that it was a Google product. Gmail, Google Latitude, toolbar, desktop etcetra etcetra. The list goes on. As I kept on reading there was a thought that started stretching itself in my already occupied mind. I ignored it and kept on reading. But with due course of time, this became disturbing. It did not let me concentrate. I had to pay heed to this thought. So I removed my glasses and closed my eyes. I saw something. I could see a blurry image of something written and a girl standing next to it.
Yes, I recognized her. That was me standing next to the building of Google Quarters. I opened my eyes immediately. I knew it. My mind had decided to work for Google. I agreed with it. I have to work for Google. I have to work with it. Not because I am not happy with my present work but because I want to work for the best. I wanted to work with a company that holds 80% of the Search market. I wanted to work with a company whose name had become synonymous with the word search. I wanted to work with the company which is a dream company for each and every Search Executive. I ached to work for accompany that set the trends. I longed to work for a company that knew no limits of creativity. I wanted my name to be associated with the company that could think almost anything and make profit out of it. I wanted to Google myself in Google. I decided to start working on ‘Mission Google’.
I looked at my watch. It was 6:30 in the evening. I shut my laptop.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 12:30 pm
I finished the write up. Read it again. This did not seem to be a write up to me but this was what I had always felt and I just penned it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment